Image Map

Monday, May 2, 2011

Life As We Know It

Man, oh man! I am so upset that I didn't post in April. April was a pretty crazy month for us. We moved to Idaho Falls and went searching for jobs. We also went down to Washington for a week to visit. That was a blast! There's never a dull moment when the Bullocks are together. We've settled into our new apartment and are loving it. We live down the street from the Idaho Falls Temple, which is amazing! Our ward is soooo great. We love our ward. It's actually a pretty small ward. And it's about 95 percent old people. haha. But I seriously love it. We both do. I've never felt so at home in a ward. They were so welcoming. We've attending our ward for three Sundays now and every week more and more people introduce themselves. They are so friendly. So that's a major blessing.

Travis just starting working for the Salt Lake Express today. He drives down to Rexburg and then takes a bus to Salt Lake and drives back. He called me this afternoon and said it's harder than he thought it would be. Usually he gets to listen to the radio or talk to someone, but he left Rexburg at 5:45 am, so everyone was sleeping. We'll see if it gets better and easier for him. I started working for the Salvation Army a week ago. I love my job! I'm getting paid to do something I love. Right now I work with the after school program. We help the kids with their homework, have snack time, free time, and crafts. The kids are K-6th grade. They're so great! And in June, the summer program starts and we get to go to fun places, like movie theaters, swimming pools, the zoo, parks, etc. It's great.

Travis and I watch movies a lot. It's kind of what relaxes us. The other day, we went to D.I. to look for a desk, and we saw a pile of DVDs. We looked through them and ended up buying eight of them! haha. They were only $3 each. So we spent $24 on eight movies. And that's about the price of one DVD now a days. So it was kind of exciting. So life is great. God blesses us daily and we're so thankful for that. We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you guys moved to IF! Crazy! I am glad to hear things are going well for you guys though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you update this dealio I've only been checking it like twice a day for updates throughout the whole month of April. Well I'm glad to hear all is well...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What movies did you guys get? Such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete