Image Map

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Student Teaching, for reals?

So I completed everything required to apply for student teaching. It's crazy! I've been preparing for it forever. And now everything is finished and ready. Now it's just about waiting. I have one more semester at the University (in the fall) and then I student teach in the winter. And this is my picture that I got taken for Student Teaching. It's going with my student teaching application. Do I look like a teacher? haha
 It's sooo crazy! I can't even believe my college experience is almost over. But it also makes me super excited. This Salvation Army Youth Program that I work for makes me realize that I chose the right field. I LOVE going to work everyday. I love all the kids that I get to work with. I have never had a job that I love going to, but that's how I feel about this one. Probably 95 percent of these kids come from broken families. Almost all of them have parents that have been divorced or split up. I love that I can be someone that can make a difference in their lives. Many of them don't get taught many values at home, and the Salvation Army is all about teaching important values. I love my job. It makes me excited to have my own kids someday and also to work with kids in the future. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic! Let us know as soon as you find out where you will student teach. My friend did it here in DC and has a job here now. It would be great if you could get a job wherever you student teach!! Either why it is a great opportunity to so what ya got.

    ReplyDelete