Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Summer Vacation Series: Day 7- Verona, Italy (!!!!!)

Yep, you read that right. Verona.. ITALY! I was pretty excited for our days in Italy. I don't know why. Maybe I just romanticize about Italy since a lot of chick flicks take place there. Nonetheless, Italy did not disappoint.  

We made the four and a half hour drive to Italy from Garmisch. Since half the day was spent driving, we only spent half the day in Verona. But we had fun! It's so beautiful.




 Doesn't it look like I belong here? ;)
We went to a coliseum that was built 30 AD!! Whaaat?



 We went inside. It's actually still being used for performances today. Again, whaaat?



It was so stinkin cool.


After that, we walked around Verona a bit. Did you know Verona is where Romeo and Juliet took place? We saw Juliet's balcony.
 People signed this wall and wrote notes to Juliet.
 I was feeling all romantic and mushy since we were in the city where Romeo and Juliet were. So Travis and I had to create a lovey dovey moment for ourselves. And I know you're dying to see it. (Don't worry, it's G-rated.)
You're welcome. We walked around Verona and my mind couldn't wrap itself around how beautiful it was.






Travis' dad found this awesome staircase that screamed. "TAKE A PICTURE ON ME!", so we had to comply. 


Again, Italy just felt right... 
Of course we did some shopping. We walked around a cute little market and got some souvenirs.

 Hailey loved the fountain.


Then we had an authentic Italian dinner. Pizza. Hailey chose our meal.

We had a blast in Verona. It's my happy place. And I hope to go back someday.


If you've missed any previous posts about our trip, here's a review.
Day 1- Heidelberg
Day 2- Rothenburg
Day 3- Garmisch
Day 4- Munich
Day 5- Salzburg
Day 6- Oberammergau

No comments:

Post a Comment