Image Map

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Summer Vacation Series: Day 6- Oberammergau, Germany

{Ober/ammer/gow} <<<you're welcome.

Not only is that fun to say, it's fun to visit. This day was pretty rainy. I learned that the rain doesn't stop the Germans. They don't believe in bad weather, only bad clothing. You can be outside in any weather, as long as you're dressed correctly. Our days in Germany were numbered, so we played outside in the rain like the Germans. Like, really played. 

We went to the alpine coaster.
{This picture is from Google Images}

It was a BLAST! The rain was still coming down, but only sprinkling. It was the chilliest day yet, but that didn't stop us.

At first we went down in partners. Travis' dad went by himself (his mom sat in the car with Hailey). The coaster took a picture as you were going down. He'll hate me for sharing this, but I have to. The world needs to get a piece of the joy that it has brought everyone who has already seen it.
Greg and Kaylauna went down together. Kaylauna actually filmed the whole thing.


Then Travis and I went down. I promise Travis is somewhere in that car.

I may have screamed the whole way. Travis didn't get to fully experience the thrill since he had me squealing in his ear, so he wanted to do it again- along with Travis' dad, Greg, and Kaylauna. One was enough for me though (I'm boring I know). So up they went again.

I waited at the bottom with my camera. It took about 30-45 minutes for them to get down. I would take pictures of anyone coming down, since I couldn't see them from far away. About 20 people came down before them. It was awkward because I was looking at them through the camera lens when they pulled up at the finish. By the time they'd be close enough for me to realize it wasn't anyone I knew, the deed was done. They for sure noticed me taking pictures. A few looked at me funny. And a few actually spoke to me in German (I think). It was crazy having NO IDEA , not even an inkling of an idea, what they were saying. With Spanish, I can pick up things here and there, or kind of butcher my way through sort of communicating. But with German, nada. So my response? "Me no speaky da German." Smooth
They finally came down again. 






The rained lightened up and it ended up being a great day. We went back to the car where Bammy and Hailey were hanging out. They had lots of fun together. 
We went shopping around downtown Oberammergau that afternoon and had dinner there as well. Fun fun day. And fun word to say.




 This ones for my dad. You're famous!


 We saw this in a woodworkers shop. You're welcome for posting this.



I love all the flowers in the windows. I already miss the beauty of Germany.


Day 1- Heidelberg
Day 2- Rothenburg
Day 3- Garmisch
Day 4- Munich
Day 5- Salzburg

No comments:

Post a Comment