Image Map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Whaaaaaaat? One Year?

Sunday is our anniversary. One year! Crazy. Every month-iversary has been exciting. I can't believe we're going to have a real anniversary. haha. Marriage is the best. I love being married to a man that understands me more than I understand myself. I love being married to a man that takes his priesthood responsibility seriously. I love being married to my best friend!

Last night, Travis and I were talking about what we've learned this past year.

Travis has learned:
- He needs to be sensitive and patient.
- When I say "leave me alone" I mean "hold me closer". haha.
- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Every day it's important to do the little things that mean you love your spouse.

I've learned:
-When Travis is losing his temper, I just need to be quiet and let him get over it. haha
- Love is not only a feeling, it's an action.
- Marriage is all about being selfless and serving your spouse.

We've learned a lot. Way more than the list above, but I can't remember what we talked about. I love my husband more every day. I appreciate how hard he tries in school. He is focused and doing his best to provide a future for our family. I love him so much and am so thankful for him in my life. People have always told us that the first year is the hardest, but it's been the easiest thing ever for us. Yay for love!

1 comment: