Image Map

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Kankle: A Blessing in Disguise

I sprained my ankle on Monday. It was a DUMB thing that I did. I walked off a elevated place without thinking I was stepping down. So... I landed on my ankle and it seriously bent 90 degrees. I heard a lot of popping so I was scared that it was broken. But luckily it's not. And it hasn't been too painful. I couldn't walk on it for a day or so, but we found crutches at the D.I. for $4! Boo yah! And I've been walking on it since Tuesday afternoon. I actually liked having an injury. I've never really been this injured before. It was kind of exciting.

I took pictures of my ankle every day or so. Wanna see how it looked throughout the week?

This picture was from Day 2 of having a bum ankle. You should have seen the first day! It was HUGE!
Wednesday: Starting to bruise! 






Thursday...
Today: From above my ankle to my toes is a big bruise!

So it doesn't hurt too bad. I can walk fine and I'm hoping it heals all the way quickly so I can snowboard with Travis' family in a couple weeks. I've never snowboarded before and I can't wait to try!

It's been good having all these things happen to me lately. I've had kidney stones, a cold, and a sprained ankle within a week. Travis has been in training. I've been teaching him how to be patient and sensitive to someone that doesn't feel that great. haha. He's been so good to me. Now he's all trained, so when I'm pregnant he'll be a perfect, sensitive, and patient man.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks painful. I hope all the swelling is down by the time you get on the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great material.  It's really full of useful and interesting facts that anybody can grasp.  I love reading articles so well-written.  You've done a wonderful job with this content. kankle are a humorous term referring to the absence of an ankle where it appears the lower leg grows straight into the foot.

    ReplyDelete