Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Busy Week

I love Travis's family. They love being active and busy. Last summer I learned how to wakeboard, and over Christmas break, I learned how to snowboard. Wakeboarding came pretty easily to me. I figured snowboarding would be similar. Boy was I wrong. I came the closest I have ever come to purposefully swearing. It was HARD stuff. The first day was crazy. I wanted to scream, cry, throw things, and give up. I actually did do a little of all of the above. haha. But I learned. And the second day was a lot better. I didn't fall as much and enjoyed it so much! I loved it! I wanna do it again soon. It was a blast. And I got to meet Taylor, Travis's brother that just came home from his mission at the beginning of the month.

We spent the first few days snowboarding at Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia. Then the next few days we were busy too.

We went to see the Christmas lights at the DC temple. They were beautiful! And we also went to a performance in the visitors center. The performance was a bunch of kids playing flutes. It was cute. I also saw my old roommate at the visitor's center. She is a missionary there! That was pretty cool. 
Travis and Taylor. Awwww so cute!

 
We went to see a play at Ford's Theatre in DC. (Lincoln was assassinated there!)
That upper right room was where Lincoln was killed.


We watched The Christmas Carol in the theatre. It was so awesome! Definitely the best play I've ever been to.
After the play, we all went to a African restaurant. Everyone tried the chicken with the special sauce or whatever on it. I'm not brave enough. So I got it plain. haha. It was a yummy plain tasting piece of chicken though.

We saw the movie, Arthur's Christmas. It was super cute. Definitely recommend for kids and adults. So cute. Hopefully it becomes a classic Christmas movie for every family. It was really good.


Isn't the tree pretty?

Spending Christmas break with the Simmons was a blast. I love them so much (even the dog and I bonded this time). It's always an adventure when we're around Travis's family. Travis and I are so grateful for their generosity and love. Thanks for such a great Christmas break! We already miss you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas break was a ton of fun. I wish we could have gone to snowshoe too. Miss you both already!

    ReplyDelete