Image Map

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Curse You Kidney!

So... the doctor's office called me back and said that they noticed some things in the cat scan of my kidneys that weren't normal. They sent me to a urologist. When Travis and I were in the waiting room, I noticed that we were very out of place. The other patients there had walkers, hearing aids, canes, etc. They were all stinkin old! haha. Here I was, at 21 years old, in a doctor's office specialized for pee problems. Of course I'm going to be surrounded by people that are super old! I wonder if their problems were worse than mine. I can only imagine.

So when the doctor called us back, he told me to change into the little night gown (which I have never done before... so I admit I was a little excited to do). He then pushed on my stomach and my back and told me to tell him when it hurt. He pushed on my bladder area a lot. He says my kidney stone might still be there. Trust me when I tell you it was an interesting experience having an old guy push on my bladder area and stare deeply into my eyes. He was trying to see if I was in any pain, but I wish he didn't stare to intently into my eyes. haha

So he told us that I have a few more kidney stones and that I also have cysts in my kidneys. He says they're most likely benign cysts, but he wants me to get my blood tested to make sure. He's also wants me to try and save my kidney stone if it comes out any time soon. He says we can figure more out if I can get a kidney stone to analyze. Easier said than done. He gave me a funnel with a screen to pee in when I'm going potty. Travis thinks it's hilarious watching me pee all over myself. Sorry if this is gross. But I hate it. Anyways, I have cysts in my kidneys and more kidney stones to look forward to. The end.

5 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound fun at all! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they figured it out for the most part! And you know I love gross stuff! The grosser the better! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man oh man. Im sorry! I just saw about your poor ankle on facebook. I hope this all passes soon and that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete