Image Map

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Disappearing Lasagna

Travis and I got a gift card to Olive Garden from my brother, Cameron, for Christmas. We finally decided to use it this last Friday. I was dreaming of the bread sticks and salad all day. So we finally got there and I got lasagna. That's a step up from the fettuccine alfredo that I usually get. So I was being pretty adventurous. Travis got some kind of fettuccine alfredo with steak or something. He loved it, so ask him if you want to know what it was. It looked too weird to me. haha.

 Anyways, I ate too many breadsticks and drank too much raspberry lemonade. So when our meals came, I only ate a few bites before I was full. Sooooo I didn't think that was a big deal because I could just box it up and eat it for lunch the next day. It was sooo delicious! So I did get it boxed. When we were done, I went to use the restroom while Travis left to warm up the car. And then.... I realized I didn't have my box of lasagna with me. I texted Travis and he said I left it on the table. I finished my "business" and left the restroom to find that our table had been cleared and my lovely lasagna was GONE. I wanted to demand for them to give me a new one, but I knew that it was my fault to leave it on the table. So that's my tragic story of the day. I was angry about it for about two days straight. haha.

Travis and I got a calling today. We got called to be ward missionaries. But the bishopric member that interviewed us told us this calling wasn't for seeking out the inactive or non members. It was to help our ward get to know each other. I guess the church is getting rid of the activities committee... so now the ward missionaries are going to plan activities to bring the ward closer. I'm kinda excited for that. The bishopric member told us they needed social couples to be ward missionaries and that's why they chose us. I don't know what gave him the idea that we're social. I just laughed inside because the only social life we have is when my brother or sister comes over to do laundry. haha. But I'm excited. It should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay! Kim told me you had a blog, so I just had to check it out! I love it! We have so many friends from our days at BYU that live all over the country and we all have blogs so we can keep up with each other! It's great. So I kind of had soething similiar happen, but unlike you it was my hubby's fault. But I don't think he realized what he was doing when he did it. We went out to eat and I had saved half od my meal for lunch the next day, so as we were leaving I handed him my box so I could run to the bathroom and as he was walking and talking to my father-in-law he tossed it in the trash on his way out. And when I got back he said oops, I just threw it away without thinking about what it was, sorry. So I have a super easy recipe for lasagna, next time I see you just remind me if you want it. We have a blog too, bradandbrieannschmidt.blogspot.com. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave my boxed food just about every time I have leftovers after eating out...such a bummer!

    ReplyDelete