Image Map

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Boy

Tuesday was Travis's 23rd birthday. I went to bed on Monday night all excited for the next day to be his birthday. But then I woke up at 3 am for work, got ready, and went to work. We separated to go to our buildings and started to work. At 6:30 I realized I hadn't said happy birthday to him that morning. And I felt horrible. I let everyone I worked with know how upset I was that I had forgotten to tell him happy birthday. haha. And at 7, when work was over, I went over to his building and told everyone there that it was his birthday. Luckily, Travis forgot it was his birthday too until his dad called him. I guess 3 am is just too early to think coherently.

Anyways, I am so grateful to have Travis in my life. He's my best friend and he truly loves me so much. I never thought anyone could love me as much as he does. One year ago, on his birthday in 2010, we went to his apartment for his surprise birthday party. Travis and I had only gone on one date the week before. So we were only interested in each other at this point. Anyways, all these people started arriving to Travis's apartment to surprise him. And there ended up being about 15 or so girls there to surprise him. He didn't even have any guy friends show up! So I felt dumb. I don't know why, but I did.

So he came, was surprised and the girls surrounded him for the rest of the night. Luckily I was patient and waited for them all to leave. And we got to spend some time together. And since then, we were inseparable and now we're married. So haha to all those girls that showed up to his party. Cause he's mine now. =) And I love him so much and am so grateful for him.


This is us a year ago on Travis's birthday. Our love was young.

1 comment:

  1. You know what is funny, I always give Curtis a hard time about how in high school he never gave me attention, I was just chop liver, and now I realize the same thing, I was patient and instead of getting asked to dances or dates, I got asked to marry him which is 39048230948320498209 times better!!!

    You guys are great though :)

    ReplyDelete