Image Map

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fooooooooood

I've been cooking about 4-5 nights a week. I really enjoy it! I can't believe that I'm saying that though. I hated cooking all growing up. I think that it gives me a lot of satisfaction to make a meal for Travis. He's always so kind, even when I mess up. Luckily he'll eat anything. At first, I messed up on every single meal that I tried to make. I wouldn't ruin it, it just wouldn't be perfect. But now I've been cooking enough that I'm repeating meals that I've already made and they're turning out better. Travis is really good about complimenting my meals, or making those mmhmmmmm good sounds. haha. It makes me feel good. Some days I come home and I absolutely don't feel like cooking. That's usually when we eat leftovers. You wanna know what kind of things I've made so far? I'm gonna tell you. I've made chicken stuffing casserole, parmesan chicken, chicken roll ups, chicken enchiladas, orange chicken (we like chicken), chili, taco soup, sloppy joes, oh, hamburger helper (but I kinda don't wanna claim that) hmmm what else? That may be it, but I wanna try more things. I want an easy lasagna recipe. Maybe that will be my next adventure. Oh, not only have we been doing pretty good on dinner, we never forget about dessert. We always have something. We LOVE yellow cake with chocolate frosting. We've had that a couple times (Over a couple days.. Not all in one day!). We've made brownies. And recently we made an eclair cake. My mom gave me the recipe and it was heavenly! Oh man. So we're having fun with food.

Don't worry though, we are trying harder to exercise. On Wednesday, we ran 3 miles on the treadmill, lifted weights, and did abs. I'm still sore today. We'll hopefully get to the gym this afternoon as well. So yeah. Being a wife is so fulfilling! I love making Travis happy. I love doing laundry, keeping the apartment clean, making the bed, etc. Okay, maybe I don't love doing those things, but I don't mind them. Travis is really good about doing the dishes when I make dinner. He also helps me with dinner whenever I can use it. He's great.

Work is getting easier. I work with really great people. I actually got to train 2 people this week. It made me feel good that my boss trusted me enough to ask me to train people. And I liked being able to mold them perfectly. So now they do things just like me. =) It's sad that I'm enjoying my job, but I don't mind the work. The hard part is the waking up, but it's slowly getting easier. Oh.. yesterday we stayed on campus from 4 am to after 8 pm. That's over 16 hours on campus! I feel like we should get a reward or something. It was a long day, but a lot was accomplished. Travis and I have been going to Dental Society. It meets every other Thursday. Yesterday, this local dentist that used to be in the area seventy or something came and spoke. It was awesome hearing about dental work from the gospel perspective. He talked about loving the people more than the money. He said that dentistry is a service job. He spoke about how God has a plan for us and if we do all the things we know to be right He will provide a way. Travis is one of the hardest workers I know. And he truly loves the gospel and loves me. I know God will bless Travis in what he wants to do. Brother Hammond spoke for an hour and Travis LOVED it. He ate up everything that he said. So I'm glad we went. Twas a good day. Well goodbye for now. Love you all!

1 comment: