Image Map

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Loooooong Days

Time for an update! Travis and I have been debating on what to do this summer. I am taking the semester off. Wanna know why? Don't tell anyone... it's kinda bad. But I don't have a loan available for the spring. So the money would be coming out of our pockets. Sounds horrible. Sooooo... if I waited until the fall, we'd qualify for pell grants. Free money! That's even better than a loan. So that's the secret. We want to take the summer off and make some money to save.. and then use free money to pay for school. Brilliant. We're thinking that going to one of our parents house would be the best option. And we're leaning toward... Virginia! I'm really excited. I loved Virginia. And I LOVE Travis's family (Except Sadie. She's always competing with me for Travis's attention. And usually she wins. hahaha. Just kidding!). Anyways, so that's what we're thinking. Travis is hoping that we can both work at Red Robin. I don't know why a company would hire a couple, so I'm thinking I'll be working somewhere else. But I would love to work at Red Robin. It's my favorite place to eat. Except the only problem is, last time I worked at a hamburger joint I weighed the most I have so far in my life. It's not a good environment for me. haha.

So school is going well. I don't really know how I'm making it. I'm pretty dead every day from waking up so early. But somehow I'm doing it, and I'm doing pretty well. Same with Travis. We're gonna get through this semester. Today, we got to campus at like 3:55 am and we're leaving at like 5:15 pm. That's over 13 hours on campus and we're leaving at 5. Isn't that insane? I don't think I'll ever get used to waking up at the crack of dawn. Travis has somehow adjusted, but I don't see myself EVER adjusting. Travis has noticed that I'm a lot more irritable when I don't get enough sleep. My mom used to tell me to go take a nap whenever I was rude to my siblings. I guess I haven't grown out of that. haha. But school is great for me. I love my major! (Elementary Education) I'm graduating in two semesters. So these classes that I'm taking now are pretty intense classes. We're writing lesson plans, and planning units. I love it though! I just finished a lesson plan for science on Properties of Matter (Solids, Liquids, and Gases). I want to really teach it! Fun stuff. Travis is still working really hard on his classes. He's always studying and doing everything in his power to do well, and I'm sure he'll be blessed for it.

We don't exercise enough because we're so busy. So for this last family home evening, I bought a hip hop exercise video. haha. We did that for only like 20 minutes. It's tiring! Travis is pretty excited about it too. It's fun. But I stink at it. I thought I was a decent dancer, but Travis is showing me up. We filmed ourselves after we learned a few steps. I stink. But if I gain enough courage, I may post it on here. And remember, it's our first time. Just wait until we do the other routines. We'll probably be pro pretty soon.

So Travis and I are watching American Idol every week. We're excited because we have our own life and we get to develop our own TV habits. So our first TV show we'll faithfully watch is American Idol. Yup. It's fun being adults. =)

We go on dates every Friday. It's so good knowing that Friday night is "Us Night". No homework, nothing to come between us. I love spending time with him. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him by my side for eternity. For reals. I just look at him and feel so blessed. He's so good to me. Oh! The other day we got into a little tiny argument on the way to work. That day I had a long day at school. I wasn't going to be home until after 4:15. So Travis was home all day because he only had one class. When I walked into our apartment there were flowers on the table and a love letter. Gee wiz. That was the best. I love my husband and I love my life.

So that's our life right now. I hope all is well for you all! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. The update was great to read! I hope you guys come out here for the summer. It would be fun having you two close!

    Oh, and I would love to see that hip hop video. I am sure it would make me laugh hard!

    ReplyDelete