Image Map

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nifty Nine Months

Hailey turned nine months old on Sunday. I know you're thinking, "No way! Didn't she just turn 8 months?!".  And the answer is yes. She did just turn 8 months and time is flying by. I had my first mini meltdown where I looked at Hailey and noticed how big she was. I shed a few tears as I realized my baby isn't much of a baby anymore. I've been cheering her on as she's reached new milestones, but she's growing up too fast. So I've decided that I may or may not start pushing her down (gently) when she walks. Maybe that will make her grow up slower. 
But I better update you on this crazy girl and what she's been doing in the last month.

 We went to the doctor for her 9 month check up yesterday. She weighs 15 pounds 8 ounces (9th percentile) and is 27.5 inches long (44th percentile). Her head is also in the 40th something percentile. She's still a petite little thing.

She's started doing this silly cheese face. I LOVE IT!  
  She does it all the time. In moments when we lease expect it. It's hilarious.
 I love winter time because Hailey looks so cute in her winter hat and mittens.
 Hailey met Santa at our ward party and was a little skeptical.
 She's mastered the 2 finger pinch when she's eating.
She's walking! Not across the whole room yet, but she could if she tried. She's mastered her balance and the slow and steady speed. It won't be too long until that's her main way of getting around.
 
 She's been so happy and giggly lately. She'll be playing and all of a sudden she's giggling. It's so cute.
She's getting so big. She amazes me everyday at how much she's growing and learning.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you wish 9 months went that fast when you are pregnant!? That cheese face kills me...love that last picture too. She is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete