Image Map

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Christmas Craft

Travis and I have been married three years and we don't have a nativity set to get out at Christmas time. Every year Christmas rolls around, we're low on the dough and can't get one. This year I was fed up. I looked on Pinterest for a diy (do it yourself) nativity scene and came across this.

I immediately loved the idea. We already had paint, so we'd just need to get some people. I convinced Travis that we needed to do it for family night. Monday came around and we went to Hobby Lobby to get the supplies. We spent a total of $11 for our nativity scene. I even forgot to use a coupon. So cheap!

So then we began.
We lined our table with wrapping paper to keep it clean.
We started with painting the skin color.

Then added the hair.
Then the bodies.
Hailey helped by hanging out under the table biting our legs.
The Three Wisemen.
The Angel.
The Shepherds.
Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus.
The final product! I love it!
 The stable is made from a cardboard box covered in construction paper. Travis and I had so much fun making this. And it's even a good one for kids to play with. It'll be fun getting it out each year and telling our kids about when we made it. It was definitely a Christmas craft to remember.

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest idea ever! They turned out fabulous! I'm gonna have to steal this idea!;)

    ReplyDelete