Image Map

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy 3rd Anniversary!!

Travis and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Wednesday. I can't believe we've been married three years. 
 Since our anniversary came around, we've been reminiscing about the "olden days" when we met and began dating. We've known each other for almost four years now. Sometimes I feel like I miss the feeling of excitement that we had when we were first dating. Everything was new. We were always so excited to be together, and had to be together every second.
 
I still love being with my husband as much as I can, but it's not the same as when we were dating. Travis and I were talking about it and decided that we have a way better excitement in our lives right now. We love the excitement of spending everyday watching Hailey learn and grow. She is constantly challenging herself and surprising us. Our love for each other grows everyday as we raise our beautiful daughter hand-in-hand. Life is so exciting. We love each other and love our lives together. Three years down, eternity to go!
When Travis and I were dating, we had to spend a summer apart. I was still at school and he was home working. We already knew we wanted to get married, so we were missing each other like crazy. We decided to write a letter to each other everyday. (Isn't that crazy?) We wrote about things that the other person wasn't around to see-school, work, anything. We would send a bundle of letters every week or so. Now we each have a binder full of letters to each other. A lot of them talk about our dreams of being together. I love reading them! Writing a letter everyday is a little excessive (just a little), but we wanted to continue writing letters to each other because sometimes words come out better on paper than from the mouth. Of course we still constantly tell each other "I love you" but we also write a letter every anniversary. It's so fun to read and I love adding it to our binder of  "love letters". We've never had a ton of money to spend on our anniversary since it's the end of the year and only a week from Christmas. (We are bad "budgeters"-I made up that word- but that's all changing next year! We're going on a super strict budget.) Even though we don't spend a lot of money, I still love when our anniversary rolls around. This year we got a letter from each other and we went to Red Robin for lunch. It was small, but I loved it. 


Marrying Travis was a decision that made so much sense to me. Everything progressed fast in our relationship when we started dating, but it flowed so naturally. We just fit so well together. And we still do! I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband who is an amazing and silly dad.

1 comment:

  1. Love letters are so great because you get to say all the thing you usually don't have time to say in real life. I love that you do that every anniversary!

    ReplyDelete