Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Copycat Crafts

So I've had these two projects in mind for a long time. Thanks to my wonderful mother, I was able to get them done. So I'm not crafty AT ALL. I cannot imagine up wonderful, beautiful things. Whoever thought up Pinterest deserves a dozen roses every day for the rest of their life. Seriously. It's genius. I love how people like me can copy actually talented people. And then people see our awesome crafts and think we're all crafty and what not. It's pretty much real world plagiarism. I love it! But anywho, here are my copycat crafts.

These bookshelves looked so fun. Instead of using a bulky bookshelf that is chuck full of books, I saw this idea where you pretty much display them. Using spice racks from Ikea ($4.99 a piece... cheap!), I was able to create my cute bookshelf wall. I decided to stain them to make them match Hailey's crib. And they turned out awesome. I'm glad my mom was in town. She's a staining queen. So tada! Check out the masterpiece.
 So it turns out I have tons of books. So I ended up using this crate below the shelves for even more book storage. I'm happy with how it turned out.


So speaking of that crate, that's my other copycat craft! So this one is awesome. Like everyone should do it. I collected crates over time. Did you know they're about $13 a piece on average? I checked Michael's, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, and Home Depot. I'm not about to spend that amount of moola. Maybe when we're rich. haha. So I used my noggin. This is the part that I get credit for. I used the weekly coupon from JoAnns and bought one at a time, each week. The coupon was usually for 40-50% off an item. So I got the crates for $6 instead of JoAnns full price, $11.99. Happy dance. It took me a little while to collect them, but I wasn't in a hurry. So I wanted to collect these because I thought they'd be fun to stick toys, stuffed animals, and totally random stuff in for Hailey's room. And I'll probably do even more when Hailey has more stuffed animals and toys to put away. But this is what my mom and I stained and created for now. Woohoo!
 You can add more on the side of them, or make it higher. So many possibilities.
Look at that cute doll Travis' mom got Hailey. And those blocks were just gift boxes someone brought their gift in from my baby shower. I thought they were so cute and display-worthy.

Aren't my copycat crafts fun? I love my stranger genius friends that I copy from Pinterest. Thank you random crafty people.

1 comment: