Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sew What?!

I totally made something and I'm oozing with pride. So I have to share. :)

I saw this cute, SIMPLE baby skirt on Pinterest. Yeah. Pinterest again. I can't think for myself. Anyways, I tried it. And it was incredibly simple. I made it in like 30 minutes. I followed this tutorial. So go there if you're interested in making a skirt. All it takes is 15 inches of 1" elastic, a fat quarter of fabric, and some thread. (Well a sewing machine too...) But the tutorial even has the adult and kid sizes instructions too. Super easy stuff. And I'm obsessed with it. Like I want her to wear it every single day for the rest of her life.


This is the material I used. Aren't those elephants just dang cute?
Here's the skirt getting stitched up.

Hailey tried it on after I finished.

All ready for church.


It's even fun to play in.



So I'm totally not bragging. I'm just so excited that I made something cute. So if you have a sewing machine, make this! I'm thinking it's super easy to mass produce and make as baby shower gifts. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! So adorable!! Make me one! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a really small spare tire I see hanging over that elastic? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete