Image Map

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Washington Family Time

Travis and I have been in Washington since Aug. 26th. It's definitely a long drive from Idaho Falls to Richland, but it's worth it once we get here. It's fun seeing my family and getting absorbed into "the Bullock world" for a while. There is always something going on. We got to help with Ashley and Drew's reception on Saturday. It ended up being 100 percent perfect. (Besides the crazy bees flying around the food! But my brothers took turns catching them in cups, shaking them up, and stepping on them. haha). Her reception was held in the backyard of a friend's house and was so stinkin' beautiful! I want my backyard to be at least half as gorgeous someday.
On Sunday night, my grandma went into the ER. She started bleeding inside and her doctor told her to get to the hospital. She's still there today (Thursday) and the doctors at the hospital can't seem to find where the problem is. They're running a lot of tests and watching her. We're hoping they figure it out soon so she can return home to her little pet miniature parrot (Sky) that is missing her at home. She is so inspiring because she has the best attitude. I love her to death. My mom is also amazing because she is constantly over at the hospital sitting with her for 5 or more hours at a time. She's amazing. What amazing examples I have to look to.

Yesterday Travis, me, my bro Cameron, and my pretty much bro Kyle, went to Silverwood for the day. (It's a theme park that's a few hours away.) Cameron checked the weather and told us it was supposed to be 75 degrees the day we were going. Perfect, right? WRONG. Cameron was checking the weather for Richland, not Coeur D'Alene (the city Silverwood is in). It ended up raining most of the day and we were all dressed in shorts and t-shirts. I invested in a new jacket at Silverwood. haha. It was fun though. Going on the roller coasters while it's raining is an adventure! Someday, you should try it. Twas a fun day.

Today, I went to my dad's office and got an eye exam. AND I GOT SOME CONTACTS! AND TRAVIS AND I BOTH GOT NEW SUNGLASSES! Life is pretty exciting, eh? We are both soooo in love with our sunglasses. Sooooo in love. And I love love love being able to see and still be attractive. haha. I got sick of looking at myself in my glasses. So that was fun.

Okay.... this is ending up to be super long. I'll finish real quick. Travis, Cameron, and I went on a bike ride today. It was supposed to be a nice, leisurely ride along the river. But Cameron was determined to make it to a certain point down the path. For those of you that are familiar with Richland, we went from Columbia Point Marina to the Blue Bridge AND BACK! It ended up being 15 miles. Leisurely bike ride? Not really. Relaxing? Not at all! Super long? Heck yeah. Fun?? Ummmm... okay.. it was! And I got my exercise for the week. hahaha. Naw. I'll admit, it was pretty bad, but I'd do it again. So far this trip has been full of adventures and opportunities to spend money. It's been great fun.

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! I want to see more pics of your sister's wedding. I love weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sounds adventurous! hope your grandma is doing better!

    ReplyDelete