Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer is Ending... Reality is Setting in.

For all of you that wonder what goes on in mine and Travis's life, (which probably aren't many), I will tell you! This summer has been the best ever. I seriously had the best job. I worked for the Salvation Army, with their youth program. I, along with two other girls my age, ran a summer day camp. It was pretty much a daycare for older kids (K-6th grade). Cameron found me the job posting on Craigslist and I applied and got it! It has been the best summer of my life. I've fallen in love with 20 kids. It was great spending time with those kids everyday. Most of them come from broken homes with abuse, divorce, or parents that just don't care. I loved being somebody in their lives that they could trust and depend on. Last Friday was my last day. I never thought I could be so sad leaving a job. Travis picked me up at 1:00 and we started heading to Washington. I said bye to "my children" before leaving, and we were off. I made it about 2-3 hours before I broke down and cried. I'm sad that I can't be a part of the lives of those kids anymore. I want to make a difference in their lives, but I can't anymore. I think, in like five years, I'm going to look them up on Facebook and see how they're doing. haha.

Travis and I start school on the 12th of September. It's my last real semester before I student teach. And it's Travis's second to last semester before he starts applying to dental schools. So life is happening for us. It's crazy!! I never thought I would actually be a teacher. I just went to school and learned about it; I figured I'd be in school forever. But it's coming to a close, for both of us. Reality is setting in (slowly) and we have to grow up. I'm nervous, but mostly excited. These next few years are going to be the hard ones. Dental school, teaching, trying to figure out the right time to start a family, and trying to support a family. But we're excited. We're ready for life to challenge us. Travis and I love each other and know that we can get through anything together. Every day is an adventure and we love going through each day side by side. We love you all and hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment