Image Map

Thursday, September 15, 2011

No Pictures

I realized that I haven't been taking too many pictures of recent happenings- most likely because they're too boring to take a picture of! So sorry that my blog is getting more boring. I'll try and to take more pictures of life. I know I love posts with pictures.

Anyways, Travis and I started school this last Monday. It is actually an intense semester for both of us. We have been busy since the first day of school. We're still living in Idaho Falls, so we have to commute to Rexburg every day. We usually get to campus around 7:30 and leave around 5:30. Long day! Travis is constantly studying. He studies for hours on campus, and then comes home to study while I make dinner. He eats dinner with me and then returns to studying until 9:30ish. Then we go to bed. Isn't life fun?? I have homework to keep me busy for most of the hours of the day, but not until 9:30. That's why I make dinner and do the dishes and whatev. I know Travis will be blessed for trying so hard in his classes. We're hoping he can get some high grades in his hard classes this semester (Physics, Organic Chemistry, and Biology!). Travis has been so busy these past few days. We haven't spent too much time together. Yesterday, Travis and I got home from school around 2:30ish. We ate lunch together and then played Yahtzee! Twas fun spending some time with my hubster.

So this semester I'm in my Senior Practicum class. It's pretty much like student teaching but only twice a week. I was assigned to be in 5th grade at a charter school in Idaho Falls. Charter schools are different than public schools because they aren't connected to the school board or a school district. They have their own set of rules and ideas they follow. I'm interested to see how this school works. I'm kind of nervous to be in a 5th grade classroom Monday and Wednesday, all day! I'm also required to teach at least one lesson every day I'm in the class. So it's a little bit scary. I start going this coming Monday. I'll let you all know how it goes! I hope I do okay in the classroom all day.

Well life is rolling along for us. We're busy, but we're blessed every day. We hope everything is going well for you and we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment