Image Map

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Failure

I failed again at making no bake cookies. We were invited to dinner tonight so I decided I'd bring some cookies along. FAIL! They didn't harden. Travis bought the cheap, instant oats on our latest shopping trip. Do you think that makes a difference? It must not be me, right? haha.

Well other than my pride that has taken a blow, life is excellent. Travis taught a lesson on prayer today to our 4 year old primary class. They are so funny. Today, for sharing time, a missionary came and spoke to the kids. The little girl sitting next to me (who is the loudest, most passionate singer in junior primary) told me she's seen him before (talking about the Elder). I figured her family must have had the missionaries over for dinner or something, so I asked. Her reply was something I was not expecting. "I saw him in my dreams." I kinda laughed. I didn't really know what to think. Is she dreaming about her eternal companion as a 4 year old? Or was this Elder really in her dream. I don't know.. but it was a little funny. In class today, we were coloring pictures at the end of the lesson. The same girl mentioned earlier said she wanted to sing us a song. I didn't care since we were just coloring, so I said go ahead. She started singing some nonsense song and the girl next to her said, "That's a dumb song." She wasn't trying to be mean, I think she was just stating her opinion. But Travis and I both started laughing so hard. And the poor girl that was singing didn't know what to think. But she got over it pretty quick and entertained us for the rest of the coloring period with songs about Jesus and butterflies and church created by a 4 year old mind.

Travis and I start fall semester tomorrow! We are both pretty nervous. Travis is nervous because he has a crazy load of classes. He needs to get perfect grades this semester and that's probably stressful to think about. I'm nervous because it's my last semester of learning before I'm thrown into the schools as a student teacher. Freaky!! Life is fun and crazy! Hopefully this next semester allows us to have some spare moments to enjoy life and not be stressed. We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Oh man! I love the honesty of little kids :) That made me laugh out loud too! Glad she got over it quick.

    ReplyDelete