Image Map

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Sky is Falling

Travis is my knight in shining armor. When I fell wakeboarding and cracked my head open, he jumped into the lake and rescued me. I love thinking about how he jumped in and pulled me to safety without hesitation. Today,we had another knight in shining armor experience. Let me tell you about it:

Travis was in the bathroom, taking his time. While he was using the restroom, I was making the bed. I pulled off the comforter to fix the sheets. After the sheets were perfectly perfect in every way, I picked the comforter up to finish making the bed. I happened to pick the comforter up upside down. So I kind of threw it in the air to flip it around. (Innocent, right?)

Then, BOOM!! The light cover on the ceiling came off and hit me straight on the head. I guess I knocked it off when I tried to flip the blanket. I screamed and fell on the bed covering my head. I was sure I was bleeding everywhere! The memory of bleeding from the head at the lake came to me and I felt like the same thing was happening again. But I wasn't bleeding. Travis started yelling from the bathroom because he heard all the ruckus. I looked around and glass was everywhere. The stinkin thing had shattered when it hit my head. Somewhere in the middle of this, I started crying. I was scared because of what happened, the freakin thing hurt when it hit my head, and I was worried that the managers to our apartment would be angry that I broke it. Valid reasons to cry, right? So Travis comes running out of the bathroom, super worried about me. He had to cut his business short. haha. He finds me half laughing and half crying. So he calmed me down and now I feel like a child with this huge "goose-egg" on my head!

I hope you can tell how big that stinkin bump is.

I'm sorry light fixture cover. You were so beautiful.
Travis is amazing and always comes to my rescue, no matter what he is busy doing! haha. I just love him so much. And my head hurts. haha

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. Oh Lindsay. That is hilarious. Thank you for sharing. Oh and sorry about your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I'm glad you are ok and you didn't get another big gash. Weird that it fell off so easily.

    ReplyDelete