Image Map

Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine's Day

Travis had to start Valentine's Day off studying at the library. Lame! I wanted to make the day special, so I made Hailey lunch with a heart-shaped sandwich. Go me! 
 She was pretty excited about it.
 Travis and I agreed no gifts this year. We were just planning on going to dinner. But I can't help myself, so I sneakily got Travis a heart-shaped box of kitkats (his favorite). Go me, again! But then the natural man in me was kinda, sorta disappointed that Travis didn't get me anything, even though we agreed no gifts. My pregnant, hormonal self probably wasn't very good at hiding my disappointment. It took me a couple hours after Travis left for the library to talk myself out of my ridiculous feelings.

But sneaky Travis had a plan the whole time. He came home after the library with flowers and some charms to add to my pandora bracelet. Awwwww. 
 We decided to head to Olive Garden in between lunch and dinner time so we wouldn't have a long wait. Success! We only waited about 10 minutes.
 We started off with a little coloring and some salad and breadsticks. Yumm! Get in my belly.
  Then came our food.
 Holy deliciousness! We don't get to Olive Garden very often, so my taste buds always cry tears of joy when we do.

 Hailey was very impressed with her chicken strips and fries and thought Travis should have a taste. 
 I felt so much love as I sat across from my two favorite people. I am sooo blessed. I have a husband who understands me more than I understand myself. Who loves me for ME. Who will do whatever it takes to provide for our family. Who is the greatest, silliest dad and husband ever. And I have a daughter who is getting older and wiser. She's learning so much every day. Even though we're trying to tame the wild attitude she has developed recently, she is still so sweet and loving, giving out spontaneous hugs and kisses every day. She will be the best big sister. And I am blessed with another little one growing inside me. Every day her kicks remind me of how blessed I really am. She's so active and I just know she's going to be rambunctious and fun. This pregnancy was a challenge for me in the beginning. I was constantly nauseous and sick. I'm finally starting to get my energy back. But I would do it all over again, because it is so worth it! I can't wait to meet our little girl.
 This Valentine's Day was a great one, spent with my loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment