Image Map

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Back in 2010: Part 4- Our Summer Apart

We last left off with Travis and I being madly in love after 3 months of dating. Travis had to go home to work over the summer, and I was stuck taking classes at school. Our feelings progressed quickly, so we were pretty bummed that we had to spend the summer apart. 

I have to start this by saying I had the best roommates. My original roommate, Emily, was such a great strength to me! During the first semester, I was a baby "missing my missionary". And now this semester I was a mess, missing Travis. I'm pretty sure she was used to me crying and whining. She was fantastic and very very patient. And, of course, we had a blast together, like always!
So anyway, my semester was busy with classes and homework. Nothing too exciting on my end. Except for the fact that my mom came up in June to go dress shopping with me. Whaaaat? Yeah, we weren't even engaged yet. So, yeah, that was a little crazy. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on. Of course everyone told me I couldn't have the first dress I tried on. But we went to 3 or so other stores, tried on 20 more dresses, and, yep, that was the one.
 Over in Virginia, Travis was working TWO jobs, trying to save up for a future. He was working at Home Depot from 5:30 am-2:30 pm every day. Then 4 pm- 9 or 10 pm at Red Robin. Isn't that nuts? And then with all the closing stuff, he didn't get home until after 10. He was always sooo tired. He basically floated his way through that summer, barely sleeping, and working like crazy. He was determined to save for a engagement ring, so he worked hard.
Travis and I wrote letters to each other every day. We'd send a batch of letters to each other every 10 days or so. I LOVED getting his letters. Yeah, snail mail is wayyyy dated, but I loved seeing his handwriting. It just felt more personal. We also talked on the phone every night. 
He usually fell asleep while we were talking on the phone, so I was grateful to have his letters. And now, we have binders of letters that are basically a journal of the beginning of our love. It's pretty awesome. Travis and I also sent pictures to each other of us doing normal things, since we were missing out on that because we were apart. I know, we were CRAZY.

These pictures crack me up. Travis would set up his camera on a timer and then pose. hahaha
 Yeah, he wasn't really playing anybody.

  


In the middle of the summer, my family went to Disney World. My mom surprised me and flew Travis out for a couple days. It was heavenly! 



 We visited the Temple while we were in Florida. It was beautiful.
 

 So after Disney World, Travis and I had to go our separate ways again. Back to the grind. Luckily we just had to make it to August and we would see each other again.

Up next, the vacation in Virginia (meeting Travis' family!) and THE PROPOSAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment