Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

YMCA Party and Trunk or Treat

Our YMCA that we go to threw a little party last week. I don't need much to convince me to attend a party. If someone mentions food, I'm there. Hailey dressed up as Belle this year (mom's favorite princess). I found the costume second hand for A LOT cheaper than new. And it fit perfectly! Happy dance!

They had little booths set up with games (bean bag toss, ring toss, cake walk, sugar cookie decorating, etc.). Hailey was a little young for most of that. She wouldn't even sit still for face painting. I may have cried a little inside.


But the last half of the party was a concert. Jim Cosgrove (aka Stinky Feet) came to sing to the kids. Hailey had a blast. It was totally worth going to, just for that. Hailey danced for a solid 45 minutes. And not just side-to-side shuffle dancing. She was hopping, spinning, jumping and giggling to her heart's content. Let's just say she slept well that night.

The next day we went to our ward's Trunk or Treat. Those are always so fun. I was busy with Primary duties and Travis had to stick around our trunk to hand out candy. Luckily, Hailey's friend Hailey wanted to take her from car to car. It was the cutest thing ever. She even walked her to all the game booths. My heart swelled (and my eyes may have swelled with a little tears too). I just love when other kids are so helpful and kind to Hailey.
Hailey's mom sent me these next few pics. They tugged at my heart strings. 
  (Thanks for sharing the pictures, Heidi!)
I loved the way Hailey's dress moved when she walked. She looked like a princess. It was too much. One of the cars was giving out bread and borscht. Hailey took the bread and was more interested in that than the candy the whole time. It was pretty hilarious.
 Hailey's friend, Jenson, was a lion. It was WAY too hot for him to wear his whole costume (we're talking 83 degrees!). But next to each other they looked like Beauty and the Beast. It was cute.
 And the Sister Missionaries even dressed up (as best as they could). This picture doesn't do them justice, but they were so cute dressed as Elsa and Ana.
We had a great time at the Trunk or Treat. Everyone in charge did so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment