Image Map

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Big 2-4

Finally. I'm finally 24. I feel like 23 is sooo young. Doesn't 24 sound so much older and wiser?

So I hate writing about my birthday. I feel like it's a little too self centered or something. But I like to keep track of Hailey and Travis' birthdays, so I guess I can do mine too. 

Every year that Travis and I have been married, I made my birthday a huge ordeal. Like once September hits (my birthday is Oct. 9th) I constantly remind him what I want for my birthday. I always end up getting something on my list of infinite things I told him and all is well. But this year, I wanted to tone it down a bit. It was secretly a test for Travis. I didn't mention my birthday unless it was brought up, and I didn't give Travis any clues as to what I wanted. I thought Travis would get worried, having to take the reigns and figure it out himself. But all Travis thought was how relieved he was to not be hearing about my birthday for a month and a half.

In past years, I've asked him if he was going to decorate for my birthday. So he would get up earlier than me, put up balloons and streamers, and then I would be "surprised" coming downstairs. This year I didn't say a word.

I walked downstairs anticipating the streamers and balloons, and maybe even a chocolate fountain (totally joking), but there was nothing. It just looked like a normal day in the Simmons household. But honestly, that's okay. It doesn't need to be a big production. Or maybe I'll just remind him next year.... hahaha

But Travis did surprise me with what he came up with for gifts. I didn't want to tell him what I wanted because I wanted to see what he would pick out for me. And he came through.

I got some SUPER COMFY sketchers. (The Go-Walks). They're not the prettiest shoes when you look at them, but something magical happens when you put them on. Once your foot slides into the shoe, and your heel and toes sink into the cushion, they become the most beautiful shoe you have ever seen. Guaranteed. Go try it out. I heard the hallelujah choir and everything. Even Hailey knew there was something special about the shoes and had to try them on. 

But seriously, my feet are always hurting. These shoes are going to save me.


He got me this CUTE sweatshirt. And it's the color I've been obsessed with lately. (pictured in pictures below..)

Travis also made my cake this year. I love the ice cream cake that has been passed through generations on my mom's side. I taught Travis how to make it and he succeeded! It was scrumpdillylicious!



We also went to Red Robin for dinner. Yummmmm!
We ended the day by stopping by Target. Best way to end the day if you ask me. We were just browsing when we came across these puppies on one of the clearance end caps. 
I stopped in my tracks and pointed them out to Travis. He immediately loved them. So we reached for the price tag, anticipating to have our dreams diminish because we couldn't afford them (like usual). But something else happened this time! They were on SUPER clearance! Originally $90 each, but now ONLY $27! We literally jumped for joy and snatched them right up. We were planning on redoing our bedroom furniture soon, so this would be the kickstart. Now all we need is a headboard!

Happy birthday to me! I just love Target. It never fails me.

So no streamers or balloons, but Travis did so good at thinking of me and making my day special. I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment