Image Map

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

I love Easter. I love focusing on the Savior and what he did for me personally. I love thinking about the life he led and the example he was/is. He is the ultimate example of love, compassion, service, and patience. I can't even describe my gratitude for him, that he would give his life for me. I taught the Easter lesson on the Atonement to my 8 yr old primary class on Sunday. We talked about the week before he died, and then the resurrection. When we were talking about the pain he endured in the Garden of Gethsemane and then the pain leading up to and on the cross, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude and pain. I wish he didn't have to suffer like he did. But he did it so willingly. He knew it had to be done. He never fought, he never even told them to stop-he just took it. I feel as if I can never repay the Savior for the sacrifice he gave. All I can do is utilize the Atonement in my everyday life, remember him, and try to be like him. I'm so grateful that the Savior lives. I know the power of the Atonement changes hearts and lives. Jesus Christ wants us to turn to him in times of struggle and pain, and even in times of joy. He needs to be in our thoughts and hearts every day. I hope that my children will know the love the Savior has for them individually. That love gives me strength, courage, and hope. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know he is our Savior. I know he is aware of my struggles, worries, happiness, and joy.

If you want to know more about what I believe, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment