Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Fishy, Why Are You Sleeeeeping?!"

Story time. People that talk in their sleep freak me out. My brother, Cameron, has had some good moments from time to time. I'm glad I was never the one that he was talking to. It's freaky! Last night, Travis talked in his sleep. (That doesn't sound like proper grammar.. Oh well. I'm a college graduate.) Maybe it should be "spoke in his sleep"? Hmmm. Anyways, although it freaks me out... It was pretty funny. Here's how the conversation went down.

Travis: Did you give me a piece of gum?
Me: Huh? Travis, wake up. You're talking in your sleep.
Travis: What?
Me: You're talking in your sleep.
Travis: Oh.
Me: You said, 'Did you give me a piece of gum?'.
Travis: Really? (At this point, I was almost positive he was awake.)
Me: Yep.
Travis: Well, did ya?
Me: No! (I guess he wasn't quite awake..)
Travis: Well, okay then.

I guess it doesn't sound that funny when it's written out like that. But it was funny. This morning when I told Travis about it, he had no memory of it. Funny funny business.


Okay, here's another story. Fry sauce. Is it such a foreign phrase to you? I thought everyone knew what fry sauce was. We went to Sonic today for lunch. The one in Washington has fry sauce. And Idaho too. I'm sure of it! When we ordered our food, I told Travis to ask for fry sauce. The lady on the intercom was like, "what?", "excuse me?". So I said to Travis, "she obviously can't hear us. Let's ask the carhop". So the carhop arrives and Travis asks for fry sauce. She asked, "what?" like three times. And she looked at us like we were naked. So I screamed, "ALL I WANT IS SOME FRY SAUCE, WOMAN!" Not really. But I felt like it. She then proceeded to list off all the sauces they have. "Well we have ranch, honey mustard, barbecue, and this new berry sauce. Some people use those for their fries." We thanked her and she left. I was in awe. Whaaaaat? These people in the middle of the country have NO IDEA what fry sauce is. They were seriously so confused. They've never even heard fry and sauce used in the same sentence. Travis said it's a west coast thing. Sad day. I shed a few tears and we had a moment of silence for fry sauce. Today I found out this place isn't as perfect as we thought it was. It lacks fry sauce.


*Five points to whoever can name the movie the blog post title comes from! :)

And here's some pictures of the soon-to-be-daddy. He's ready for this huge responsibility. Come on, look at him!







1 comment:

  1. Well since no one has guessed yet, I'll claim the 5 points for "Finding Nemo" :) Good luck with little baby coming soon.

    ReplyDelete