Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bed Rest = Mental Stress

I don't know why they call bed rest "bed rest". It's more like "lay down and think about everything you could be doing instead of" rest. It's kinda stressful. Especially since every day that I'm just sitting here and there's no baby, it's just a day of maternity leave wasted. I want to spend as many days of my maternity leave with my little girl outside the womb. I know it's good for the baby... yaddy yaddy yah. I just think that the doctor forgot to tell my mind that it was on bed rest too! I've had to have countless conversations with myself. And I have to admit, I am pretty convincing. I tricked myself into relaxing and resting. But there were a few moments where my mind won. (Like when I went and picked out fabric from JoAnns... shhhhh!) So anyways, enough complaining. Life is great! Especially because I just finished my first baby quilt. =) It's a rag quilt, a lot easier than a regular quilt. Here's the tutorial I followed. But I added an extra row for fun. Seriously folks, it's easy.




Fun, huh? If I can do it, YOU can do it! My sewing machine and I got into a lot of fights. We don't really get along. I bought it used (very used) from someone. It's a Singer made in the 1970s I think. But it kept having problems. The tension, the bobbin, the thread, it all took turns breaking. But that did allow us to get to know each other a little better. I became kind of attached to her. Yes, she's a she. Her name is Nancy. You have the right to think I'm crazy, but talking to her seemed to make her work better. haha. We made it through and I made a quilt! Next up is this fun beanbag. I think Nancy and I can handle it. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment