Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tried to Nap

So I laid down to take a nap, but my mind was racing. I gave up the nap idea and moved on to the idea of writing on the blog. For some reason I decided to put my thoughts in poem form. Random. And kinda silly. So here goes nothing.

Oh, and I couldn't think of a title.



I've never been so excited
For something to begin.
When we found out we were expecting,
It was a major win.

We screamed and we shouted.
We jumped for joy.
Even our dog, Lyla,
Felt like she got a new toy.

Every ultrasound exciting,
Every doctor visit fun.
I couldn't believe
What train we jumped on.

Nine months seemed so long
And yet so short too.
I'm going to be a mother?
What do I do?

Oh the transformation
My body's gone through.
I didn't know it could stretch
And become something new.

I look in the mirror
And see more than just me.
I see me and my belly.
My precious baby.

My belly has grown,
And so has my love.
I'm so excited to meet,
This little angel from above.

I've felt her push.
And I've felt her kick.
Sometimes it makes me
Feel kind of sick.

The whole thing's been worth it.
I'd do it again.
There's not much to lose,
And so much to win.

This journey has been splendid.
Something so surreal.
There's a baby inside me?
It doesn't seem real. 

I already love her.
I already do.
But I'm not alone.
Her daddy does too.

It could be any day.
It could be any hour.
We're anxious every second.
I just hope I've had my shower.

When she decides to arrive,
I know we'll be ready.
We'll be more than excited.
We'll be so stinkin' giddy.

So if you can hear me,
You cute little girl.
Mommy and Daddy are waiting.
Let's give this a whirl.


2 comments:

  1. Love this Linds! I can't wait for this little girl to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and clever! Definitely put that in her baby book!

    ReplyDelete