Image Map

Friday, January 27, 2012

Snooooow

It finally snowed here. It took a while. Even Washington got snow before us. I thought I hated snow, but this long winter without it has seemed a little wrong. So when the flakes started coming down, I was okay with it. The kids at school were ecstatic. Maybe that's what got me excited too.

On Sunday it was super icy. I stepped on the stairs to head down to our basement apartment and totally slipped and fell! Luckily, I always hold onto the handrail, even in dry weather. So I grabbed hold of that and managed to save myself from a good spill. Travis was right behind me. He claims he was filled with adrenalin when he saw me go down. He picked me up with one arm. Haha. What a manly man. Anyways, I twisted my back funny, so now it bothers me a little. But it's okay. The weather and I are somehow remaining friends, even after a few awkward moments.

Travis and I saw the movie, We Bought a Zoo last weekend. For those of you that have seen Warrior, it's up there at that level of greatness. I recommend both those movies to anyone who wants to be inspired. Those kind of movies always make me want to be a better person. I leave the theater thinking I'm going to do something to make a difference in the world. Then I just go home and get on facebook while drinking my hot chocolate. It's kind of hard to change the world, so I'll try another day.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you being excited for the snow...I would be so so so angry.

    ReplyDelete