Image Map

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Twenty Twelve

Life is wonderful. Travis began another semester full of tough classes, and I began student teaching. I'm in a fourth grade classroom at an elementary school in Idaho Falls. I have to commute there and back every day. I'm kind of scared for the bad weathered days ahead, but I'll drive slow. I'm really enjoying my time in the classroom. There are 24 students in the class. About half are ADD boys. Seriously, half the class is ADD. So it's a pretty chatty class. There's an boy with autism in my class too. He's such a sweet boy. I'm teaching math all next week and probably the rest of the semester. So I'm in heaven. I love math! I'll probably add a subject on top of what I'm teaching every few days or so until I'm teaching the whole day. I'm kind of nervous, but really excited. Figuring out how to teach something is kind of challenging, but I like working my brain.

Travis is excited to push through this semester. He knows it will be hard and busy, but this is his last semester of tough classes to finish up his prerequisites for dental school. He'll be taking the DAT in May and applying to dental schools all over the country in June. It's kind of exciting to not know where we'll be next year. We could be anywhere! So we're doing great. Both of us are pushing through a tough and rewarding semester. Life is glorious and we love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment