Image Map

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What have we been up to?

Well, a lot has happened since the last post. One thing that happened is, we quit work! We didn't just quit and walk out. We told our bosses we were quitting on the last day of the pay period. So yesterday was our last day working! And now I'm a free woman. At least I'm free from early morning custodial. I still got to work this summer and probably the fall too. Anyways, so we're pretty excited about being able to return to a normal sleeping schedule.

This last weekend, Travis's old buddy, Steve, came into town to visit his girlfriend (who he plans to propose to soon!). Anyways, so it turns out Travis's friend from work served his mission with Steve. So all three couples went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. When we got there, it was a forty minute wait. So we decided to walk across the parking lot to Sportsman's Warehouse. We had a buzzer from the restaurant and we figured we had plenty of time to kill. So we were wasting time there, when all of a sudden, the buzzer went off! So we ran across the parking lot to Texas Roadhouse. And Sportsman's Warehouse was about 1/4 of a mile away, I'm convinced. Anyways, I was running the fastest (I must have been the hungriest). And Travis says, "Wow Lindsay, that's the fastest I've seen you run in ages!" I turned around quickly and gave him one of those "Oh... you're in trouble!" looks and he just smiled. It was pretty funny. Anyways, so by the time we got there, they had given our table away. But they recovered quickly giving us the next available one. So that was a fun adventure. OH! And this guy walked up to our table and gave us three free appetizer coupons. They expired this week, so he gave them to us. So we ate so much food before our meals even came (Including those divine rolls). Nobody could even finish half their dinner.So after dinner we came to our apartment and played games. It was a fun night. And it was great hanging out with such fun people.

Here's Travis's leftovers. He got pulled pork.


And I got a cute little 6 ounce steak! So perfect.

On Saturday morning, I took a 2 hour state exam. It's called the PRAXIS and it's a test that I have to pass in order to certify as a teacher. It had a lot of essay questions. My hand killed by the end. It was cramping up pretty bad during the test. haha. But that test has been in the back of my mind forever, so I'm so happy it's over. I'll get the results in a few weeks. Hopefully I passed because it cost about $200 to take.

Well I'm headed to get my haircut right now. I'm being kind of dare devilish. Hopefully it turns out okay.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. The rolls there are so good...I am always stuffed before my meal comes.

    So, did you get your haircut? You should post some pics so we can see!

    ReplyDelete