Image Map

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

TWO Way Too Soon

Hailey is growing up so fast. I love everyday because she is constantly full of surprises. I love her spunky personality, even though a little attitude comes along with it. Life should be pretty interesting with this girl around.
Here are little snippets of Hailey's BIG personality.
-She has a little BIG attitude. She puts up an argument for everything. Usually I can't understand her, but she continues to argue. We're working on it. We're still a work in progress. ;) Luckily it's pretty dang cute, but we definitely have to stop it.
-Is constantly talking, but only saying something understandable every few words.

-I was going to try and list the words she knows, but it would be an infinite list. Her vocabulary has exploded recently. She can communicate what she wants almost all the time. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out what she's trying to say, but once I do it seems silly I couldn't recognize before. She's started stringing 3 or more words together to make sentences. "More marmello (marshmallows) pees!", "I love cookies!", "Where he go?", "Dad! Where are you?"

-Her new phrase is, "Wha you doin here?". It's pretty dang cute. And she asks at the most random times. Usually I respond, "I live here....". haha.

-Even though she has a crazy attitude equivalent of a hormonal teenager, she balances it out with her sweetness. She gives hugs and kisses randomly throughout the day... everyday. She's constantly singing. And her cheese face never gets old!



-She got a broom for Christmas. I caught her sleeping with it the first night. She loves helping me clean. Whenever I pull out my broom, she drops whatever she's doing to run and grab her broom. Then we play keepaway. I try to keep my pile away from her as she's trying to "help".
 -She is still obsessed with Frozen. But has added a few more movies to her favorites.  Tangled (very close second to Frozen), Toy Story 1,2, and 3, both Monsters Inc movies, and the Little Mermaid.

-Loves Curious George and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

-Hailey LOVES her daddy. They have a special relationship. They wrestle and play all the time. I'm so glad she knows Mom doesn't do the wrestling. We'll leave that to Dad.
-She has to wear a "pretty" everyday. She's obsessed with hair things. I'm so glad she lets me put them in her hair. I definitely can't complain. As long as she picks out the color and if she wants one or two, she sits still for me to do it. Love it! (Some days I don't feel like putting a "pretty" in her hair, but she never lets me forget.)
-Says the prayer for meals before we even sit to eat. She's just so eager to dig in. Her prayers lately have been so funny. She just wants to eat so bad. ("Dear Heavenly Father, AMEN!")

-Hailey always repeats a verse or two when we have family scripture study. She doesn't really have her own scriptures yet. She's adopted a set, but they're in Spanish. Somehow that doesn't stop her from following along! haha
-Loves "ha das" (hot dogs), "chee" (cheddar cheese stick), and "marmellos" (marshmallows). She has almost the same lunch daily- a peanut butter sandwich, some apple slices, a cheese stick, and a few marshmallows.

-Just barely started throwing tantrums. We've been tantrum free up until now, but seriously since her birthday she's started laying down, kicking, and crying. Her tantrums are few and far between. But still, they happen.

-Every morning, my alarm is Hailey's little voice saying, "Moooooom! Open door!". Since she's in a toddler bed, she gets up and knocks on her door, yelling for me to open it.

-She's been potty trained since October and still going strong. She has a couple accidents here and there when she gets distracted playing, but does great overall.

-We just barely flipped her carseat forward facing. The first day we were driving around, Hailey was in the back yelling, "Oh no! Watch out!" over and over. Her whole world was moving backwards and she was so concerned for our safety. It was soooo funny.

-She checks on the baby everyday, along with my blood pressure. We got her a doctor kit for her birthday, but she still prefers the computer mouse.


And now... her two year stats: 

Height: about 32 inches (40th percentile) -She always grows out of clothes in length before they really even fit right in the waist.

Head: 18 3/4 inches (44th percentile)

Weight 21.4 pounds (10th percentile) -Little itty bitty girl.

No shots this time!

We love our Hailey Rae. She's growing up so fast. I love it. If I didn't have another little one on the way, I  think I'd be crying all the time because she's getting so big. She's going to be such a fun big sister. I see her being a great helper!


No comments:

Post a Comment