Image Map

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

This year our Thanksgiving was small. Just the three of us. But that didn't stop us from making it awesome. We got a turkey, pumpkin pie, sparkling cider, the whole shabang. 

I actually had a friend that told me how to cook the turkey FROZEN! It was the BEST! The day before Thanksgiving, we cooked out turkey (it took about 9 hours). Then we heated back up in the oven for an hour on Thanksgiving day. It made Thanksgiving Day was less stressful and it was DELICIOUS!

We had finger foods for lunch on Thanksgiving. Veggie tray and bbq weenies. Yum.
For dinner, Travis and I worked together. I'm grateful he doesn't mind helping in the kitchen. He actually loves it. I made pretzel jello, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Travis was in charge of the green beans, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Go team!

The food was delicious and we had leftovers for dayyyyys.


Isn't he stinkin handsome? Look at those blue eyes!
I did feel a little sad since my family was all together in Washington for Thanksgiving. But I'm grateful for my little family. I cherish the memories we make as we start new traditions together. I'm also grateful for friends that invited us over for games that night. It made it feel a little less small... if that makes sense.

We have so much to be thankful for! God is so good. He has a hand in our lives. I see it daily. I'm so grateful for my family and that we can be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment