Image Map

Friday, June 27, 2014

Active Summer

Travis and I consider ourselves to be pretty active people. We enjoy exercising and staying getting fit. Travis just recently finished his two month membership at a CrossFit gym. We found a steal of a deal on Group On. I wish we could afford to keep sending him there at full price. It made him so incredible happy. He'd come home all excited and tell me (in detail) the workout he did that day. Wow. I respect CrossFitters. Intense stuff!

So now that he finished that, he wanted to maintain what he worked so hard to get. So we "shopped" around and decided to join the YMCA. They have financial assistance and can adjust the membership fee to fit your family's income. Yes please! We were so blessed for them to be able to work with us to find a fee that was financially possible for us. So we started going to the YMCA this week. 

Travis and I tried a H.I.I.T. workout on Monday, I did Zumba (for the first time) on Tuesday, and Travis trained with a one-on-one personal trainer (included in the membership) on Wednesday. Thursday, we took advantage of their pools. Hailey loved "swimming"! Joining the YMCA was the perfect choice for our family. And they have free babysitting! We're eager and excited to do more with their equipment, classes, and eventually swim lessons (for Hailey). 


Another way we're staying active is our bike rides. Every weekend we go on a long bike ride. We love being outside, with the wind blowing through our hair. (Well, my hair. Travis doesn't have much hair for the wind to blow through.) And it's quality family time!
I've noticed a tremendous difference in how I feel about myself when I work out. Both mentally and physically. When I'm active every day, I feel like I'm doing something for myself. I put SO MUCH time and energy into making my daughter's and husband's lives happy, that sometimes (a lot of the time) I don't give myself enough "me" time. Working out definitely gives me the boost I need to keep chugging along. And my body thanks me too! I feel so much better when I get my workout in. I'm noticing little changes as I stick to my daily workouts. I'm getting stronger and I'm loving the changes. 
I'm thankful that I have an active husband that pushes me (in a good way) to do what's best for my body. It's not always easy. Most of the time I'd rather stay home and sit on the couch eating ice cream. But I'm creating habits that will continue throughout the rest of my life. And hopefully carry on in my kids' lives as well. It's so important to be active to keep your mind, body, and spirit happy. 

I hope you're not reading this thinking I'm bragging or telling you what to do. I just wanted to share what's important to my family and what we love to do together.

Here's to a healthy and happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment