Image Map

Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July Festivities

We had a whole day full of fun this year. First off, let me say that I've been looking forward to putting Hailey in her red, white, and blue outfit for over a month. I found the shirt on sale at Old Navy a while back and then the skirt at Walmart. A match made in heaven. Oh man. So lovely.

I was feeling all festive so I painted my toenails red, white, and blue. Hailey was ooohing and ahhing over them so I decided to do hers too.

 Can you say fail? Or so I thought. Luckily, her feet are super sweaty (never thought I'd say that), so the smudges rubbed off throughout the day and they turned out cute!

We started off the day at the gym. Travis is attempting to teach me to swim properly (I'm a doggy paddler). This was the first day of my "swim lessons". He mostly just showed me what it should look like and I came close to drowning trying to copy him. Lots of work to be done there. 

So then I threw my hair up in a wet, chlorine-filled bun, and we headed over to the Lenexa Parade. 
Hailey LOVED watching all the people in the parade. She clapped, waved, and blew kisses the entire time. 
 



 Miss Johnson County even returned the favor!

There were a bunch of cool cars that Travis was drooling over. He was very glad we went to the parade.



It was great seeing all the fun things in the parade. I smell a tradition in the making! 










After the parade, we went to IHOP for lunch. Yum! Then it was naptime. For dinner we went to a bbq with some friends. There was lots of yummy food and good company. We played games and ate until our bellies were full. 

Then we headed over to the firework show. 
They weren't expecting me to "flash them". 
 

Don't mind my hugging Hailey's stuffed dog...
Lighting off your own fireworks is illegal here. So we went to the show and it was really great!

Phew. That was a long post. But it was a very eventful day. We enjoyed spending time with friends and were very wiped out by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment