Image Map

Friday, November 22, 2013

Longing for Lyla

In May this year, our family went to my parents' house in Washington to bless Hailey. We took Lyla with us. It wasn't because we are crazy dog people (which we actually probably are), but it was because we were leaving her there with my parents. 
It was hard and really sad. I already noticed a special connection between Hailey nd Lyla. 

We had a choice to make which led to us getting rid of Lyla for a few years. We were accepted into income-based housing that was not pet friendly. Either we could go live there and I could stay home with Hailey, or we could live in an expensive apartment that was pet friendly and I would work so we could keep Lyla. Travis said it was an easy decision to make, and logically it was. But it was hard for me to accept that we had to get rid of Lyla. I picked her out of a box full of puppies. She's my fur baby.
I called my mom up and told her our situation (probably in tears). She said they would take Lyla until we were done with school and moved into pet friendly housing again with Travis working. I'm so grateful every single day that Lyla is with my parents. I know it's temporary and that we'll have her with us again. If my parents didn't take her, we would have given her away and never been able to see her again. We are greatly appreciative of what they are doing for us. It's a major sacrifice. Especially yesterday when Lyla had to go to the vet and get antibiotics for a scratched cornea (ouch!). 
Thank you thank you thank you Mom and Dad! I don't think we can ever repay you for all that you do and continue to do for us! Thanks for giving Lyla a great life while she's away from us. I've been missing her a lot lately. Some people aren't animal people, and they probably won't understand. But I miss my puppy. There's a little piece of my heart left in Washington.
She's a little spoiled.

She even got a Halloween costume!
I'm excited to see Lyla this Christmas. We get to see her a few times a year, which I'm grateful for.

Enjoy some pictures from our last visit.


Photobomb!
 

1 comment:

  1. Aww so sad :( Lyla and Hailey will still be great friends when you move out!

    ReplyDelete