Image Map

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thank You Anonomous

Today was one of those days. I wasn't in that great of a mood to start off my day. Every morning I have to peel myself out of my bed. But for some reason this morning was harder than normal. Work was blah and then I went home. After work Travis and I were discussing how we can't find our iron. Travis has been wanting to wear his long sleeve button up shirts, but they need to be ironed. We lent (is that the right word?) our iron to someone at the beginning of the summer and can't remember who it was. So it's gone gone gone. I had this brilliant idea to get one from this online garage sale in Rexburg. I asked if anyone had an iron they'd be willing to part with, and someone did! They said they'd sell it to us for $10. We thought that was way better than buying one new. So we went to pick it up.

I knocked on the door and the guy cracked it open. It was immediately a strange situation. He was very rushed. I asked if I was in the right place, and he assured me that I was. He kept holding this small item out at me. I handed him the $10 and then he shoved the small item more towards me. I took it from him and he shut the door. This all happened within milliseconds people. I then realized that the small item was an iron. They gave us a travel-size fold up iron. What the heck? I thought an iron was one thing that was pretty standard. I didn't think there were any weird irons in the world. Dazed and confused I walked to the car where Travis was waiting. He was squinting his eyes trying to see what I had in my hand. By the time I got to the car, the situation was funny. I couldn't even talk. I just held the "iron" out to Travis so he could get a closer look. I was just laughing like a maniac, snorting and all. Travis didn't think it was as funny as me. Neither of us were brave enough to go back to their door and demand our money back, so we just left. I laughed all the way home. So that was situation number one.

THEN, we went to go grocery shopping before we had to get to a class tonight. We didn't have time make dinner so we just got something quick while we were out. Travis pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store for us to eat our quick meal. The sun was coming down so I pulled the visor down. Usually when I pull the visor down I have a 20% chance that it's actually going to block the sun. It really needs to be about 2 feet longer to be effective for me. So the sun was blaring in my eyes and Travis was just eating his dinner all cheery. So my raging hormones started raging even more. I angrily demanded Travis to find a parking spot facing the other direction so my eyes wouldn't be blinded. He finally gave in and relocated. When he pulled into the new spot and put the car in park, the sun was bouncing off his side mirror and blinding him. Hahaha. That's another instance where I lost control and laughed.

Both situations were situations where I laughed so I wouldn't cry or be upset. Travis was mostly upset. Haha. So here's the real kicker.

Situation number three. I lent my wedding dress to a photographer to use for a photo shoot. She offered to pay me, but I said no. I had a Good Samaritan attitude that day. So finally, after a month and a half, I get my dress back. I open it up and it's dusty and dirty. (They took pictures in a field.) I was pretty shocked that they would return my dress to me in that conditon. So I lost it. You know that moment where the dam you built up all day breaks, and the waters escape and flood everything? Yeah, that's what happened. I cried and cried for what felt like hours but was really only a few minutes. I was mumbling incoherent things and Travis was doing his best to soothe me. It probably would have been pretty funny to witness. Travis had to go to work (he works the night shift as custodian on campus). So he left and I tried to calm down.

So a little while later someone knocked on our door. I opened the door to find a plate of goodies. Cupcakes and candy. How did they know!? That is exactly what I needed. Suddenly my day turned great and I couldn't even remember why I was upset. (P.S. pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster. I'm kinda crazy.) So I just wanted to thank the anonymous people that left us the treats. They were the best ending to a not-so-good day.

1 comment:

  1. First off Lindsay I have to say congrats to the pregnancy!! I can remember playing dolls with you and Ashley long ago haha. Second this blog post made me laugh, you sound like quite the fun pregnant lady. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete