Image Map

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pregnancy Thoughts

So I'm 24 weeks along today. Crazy shenanigans. Everybody's pregnancy is different, so it has been fun seeing how pregnancy works for me. It turns out it takes me a million years to get a decent-sized belly. It's definitely bigger than it used to be, but it's not huge yet. I'm just playing the waiting game. I'm at that stage where people think I've just eaten too much. I can't wait until people look at me and have no doubt in their mind that I'm pregnant. I know it's weird. Most people would embrace this time when their stomach is not that big, but I say, "Bring on the big belly!". Next week I'll only have 15 weeks left until d-day. That's only 3 and a half months!

I am loving maternity pants. I think I'll wear them for the rest of my life. They're so stinkin comfortable! Holy moly. Where have they been all my life? You can sit down to a great meal, eat way too much, and not have to unbutton your pants to release the pressure. So because you skip that step after overeating, it is a confidence booster. You don't have to be disappointed in yourself when your pants are too tight. I suggest everyone go out and buy some maternity pants. Like, for reals! Pregnancy has also made me really mean. Okay, I was really mean before, but I was pretty good at keeping it inside. Now I just explode with meanness. Mostly directed at Travis. It's sad, but true. I am aware of it and trying to control it. My hormones are just a mess. Which leads me to the point that I cry- all the time. Mostly at night. When it gets to be about 8:15ish, a beep goes off on my hormone radar and my hormones spike. Sometimes I find myself crying about crying. I cry because I hate that I cry. Haha. Crazy stuff. Poor Travis. I was crazy before I got pregnant, but we're at a whole new level of crazy now.

But even with all the craziness, pregnancy is so stinkin exciting. It's amazing that I have a tiny human growing inside of me. She's supposedly a pound and a half now and about 8.5 inches long. And I'd like to add that I just know she's darn cute too! You can say I have mother's intuition. Haha. And she's been kicking a lot lately. Can I just say that it's a super amazing feeling! Sometimes I feel like she's playing with me. Travis has felt a few kicks, but most of them aren't quite hard enough to feel. I know in a couple weeks we'll have a different story to tell. I hear kicks get pretty crazy and hard. So life is wonderful. Travis and I are in awe at how blessed we are. We're excited to be parents, and Lyla is excited to be a "big sister". Love you all!





1 comment:

  1. It took me forever to show too. Even at 7 months prego people still said it just looked like I just ate thanksgiving. Now that I look back, I'm glad because shedding the baby weight only took 10 days!

    ReplyDelete