Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

I Love My Dog, I Love My Dog, I Love My Dog...

That's what I keep telling myself. I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog. I figure if I keep repeating it to myself over and over the thoughts will replace my anger/disappointment in my little dog. You see, so far in our relationship (we've been together for just about 4 months now) we haven't had too many rough times. I mean, come one! Look at that face!

Yeah, she's peed on the carpet. Yeah, she's even pooped. That's dirty, but forgivable. She's just a little pup. I've even put up with her nipping and biting as we're teaching her what's right and wrong. We've even learned some pretty sweet tricks together. She's tested me, and I've passed with flying colors. But then today happened.

Lyla was in our room with the doggy gate up. I left her in there so she could eat her dinner. She was whining for a while because she wanted to come out, but I ignored it. "She can stay in there while I make dinner", I thought to myself. About 20 minutes later, I realized she was being quiet. Too quiet. I went into my room and saw what she did.


Yeah. That's what she did. She chewed up my favorite pair of heels and my computer cord. I can't really get that angry at her because it was my fault. I left them where she can get to them. But grrr.... I'm sad. My shoes only cost $7.50 at Target. I'm pretty sure it was a fluke, because I looked for them online and they're $24.95. WHAT?! So yeah. Dang it. And my computer cord, that's just super annoying to find and buy again. So please, let's have a moment of silence for these irreplaceable items that are now as good as dead to me. 

3 comments:

  1. haha yep you got to love puppies. Adorable, but sooooo much work. Athena chewed our computer cord as well, along with my dad's speakers, the gps cord...among other things ugh haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just wait until you start having KIDS!! Ü

    Hugs!
    Aunt Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i was just about to say the same thing ^! those are cute shoes though...

    ReplyDelete