Image Map

Monday, May 14, 2012

Running For Me

Travis had this brilliant idea for us to train for a half marathon this summer. He's always wanted to do one. I laughed and shrugged it off because I know it's impossible for me to do something like that. Let me tell you why I thought that.

I did cross-country in middle school and high school because it was one of the only co-ed sports and I got a lot of cool t-shirts. I was actually pretty decent. Not the best, but pretty decent. Despite the fact that my body hates running, I pushed through and did well. I threw up after almost every race. I don't know why I did, it just happened. I can count on one hand how many races I didn't throw up after during those 6 years I ran. I'm not telling you this because I want you to feel queasy; I'm telling you this because I want you to see that my body hates running. So when Travis said we should train for a half marathon I laughed. If I can barely handle three miles, how can I do 13?

Here's a secret. Deep deep deep down I had this crazy desire. It was pretty deep inside me. I buried the desire for a long time. But finally I gave in to it. I told Travis that I wanted to do it. I wanted to prove to myself that I can do hard things. I wanted to show myself that I'm strong. And I want a sexy bod for the summer. Haha. ;)

So we're doing it. We have a 12 week plan. Last week we did three miles a day with four miles on Saturday. It's killing me, but I can feel myself getting stronger. I'm excited to get better and run crazy mileage that I have never done before. I wanted to write about it on here so I can be held accountable. Haha. Anyways, wish me luck. And if I die, I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Lindsay!!!! Don't give up! You guys will do great!

    ReplyDelete