Image Map

Friday, May 11, 2012

Wait... Washington... What?

Okay.... so it's been FOREVER since I last wrote. I have no excuse besides my laziness. And the fact that I think my life is boring, and nobody would be interested in hearing about it. But I need to blog. I think about blogging every day. When something happens, I immediately think, "Oh I gotta remember to put that on the blog!". But then I forget about it 37 seconds after the thought. So anyways, I'm making myself write something today.. and I hope you can make it through it without falling asleep. haha.

All right, you caught me. My life is not that incredibly boring. Sometimes I feel like it is though. Travis and I left Rexburg when the semester ended at the beginning of April. I graduated with my degree in Elementary Education. It still doesn't feel real.


We're living with my parents here in Washington. We were hoping to find jobs to keep us busy this summer. I finally got a job last week. I'm working at Coldwater Creek. It's a really nice (meaning expensive) clothing store, mostly for older ladies, but I'd be happy shopping there. I'm not naturally a sales person and I guess you're supposed to be when doing retail. I'm supposed to talk women into buying things they don't really need because it looks "pretty" on them. At first I had a really hard time with it. I didn't want to be the annoying lady in the store that I hate when I'm shopping. But I need to be that person. So I'm kinda learning and growing everyday in my "annoying lady in the store" skills. But the people are nice and I really am thankful to have a job. Travis still has yet to find a job. We've been here for over a month and he's probably filled out over 40 job applications. (P.S. I only filled out 3 or 4 when I got my job. Lucky me!) My parents have been kind enough to put him to work around the house. He's been painting the trim to all the doorways and he'll paint all the doors soon. So he's been busy.

So we're in Washington. Life is fun. We got called to be nursery leaders. It's a blast. It's fun being in the town where I grew up. I'm glad I'm here to spend these last few months with my family before we head to Kansas in January. Who knows when we'll be able to get back to visit once we're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment