Image Map

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cheapskates

So it's been a couple weeks since I last blogged. It's pretty much because life is super busy and boring. We're both working our tails off trying to finish this semester strong. Our motivation is dwindling. At least mine is. I'm having to fight myself to get things done every day. Travis is battling with our TV. haha. He's having a hard time saying no to NCIS, football, HGTV, and DIY Network. He's a real man watching HGTV and DIY. =)

I think our motivation and money are dating. Our motivation is disappearing and I think our money is sneaking away with it. At least those are my suspicions. Neither of us are working this semester because it's an intense semester for both of us. So we have been living off what we earned this last summer and some financial aid. And it's all disappearing! We're fine, we just have to be smart with our money for the rest of the semester. So we are eating top ramen, spaghetti, tacos, etc. If you have any suggestions of other cheap meals, feel free to share!

On date nights, we've been trying to be creative coming up with activities that don't cost too much. We've found some interesting ideas online. Last night, we tried out an idea we found.

Make outfits for each other out of newspaper and then do a fashion show. 

What the heck, huh? Who would think that sounded like fun? We did. haha. So we went and "borrowed" tons of the college's newspapers that are all over campus. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Then we created outfits for each other.

I think Travis is going into the wrong field. He designed a great outfit for me! haha. And I'm definitely not meant to be a fashion designer. There is just too much wrong with my creation. But here they are. Enjoy our weirdness.

It's a little immodest, but hey.. you know how the fashion industry works.





I tried to make a loin cloth....

No comments:

Post a Comment