Image Map

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Recent Happenings

So the Stadium of Fire in Provo was great! It was fun hanging with my lady friends and screaming at the top of my lungs. David Archuleta was awesome, Brad Paisley was amazing, and the fireworks were spectacular. I've never spent so long away from Travis (it was only a day... haha). But I survived. I love my girly friends. They are so great.
 So the fireworks were amazing. I never knew fireworks could be so insanely awesome. I've never seen a bigger show than the firework show over the Columbia River in Richland. And I thought that was amazing, but it wasn't anything close to the ones at the Stadium of Fire. I was a little bit overwhelmed by all the color. haha. And there was music playing the whole time. The whole thing was just amazing.

Here's the grand finale: 

Brad Paisley sang our wedding song (She's Everything). I admit that I started crying. But it wasn't cause I was sad, I was so happy! I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have Travis in my life. I think my friends thought I was crazy. But it was totally amazing having Brad Paisley sing your wedding song live. So that was a good day.

The Stadium of Fire was on Saturday. Travis drove up to Salt Lake for work on Sunday. So I just caught a ride home with him. The AC in the bus didn't even work!! It was miserable. Travis isn't liking his job too much. This company has too many problems with their vans. It's not very professional. Travis is counting down the days until he's done. We decided neither of us are going to work during these next couple semesters. We got enough financial aid, so we'll survive. I can't believe how much BYU-Idaho gives to married couples in financial aid. It's such a blessing. So we'll both be done working at the end of August. I'm excited.

On Monday, Travis and I walked down to the river to watch the fireworks in Idaho Falls. We had hot dogs for dinner and ended up meeting up with some friends. It was fun watching the fireworks over the river. 

Okay, last thing. Travis had Friday off of work. I convinced him to come to an outing with me and the kids I work with. My boss is so incredibly awesome, and she thought it was a great idea to bring Travis along. We went to a cave about 17 miles outside of town. We had 14 kids with us and Travis, me, and the two girls I work with. The kids loved Travis. There's a couple girls that have a crush on him. And the boys just love having a man around. We walked through the cave with the kids. And out of the 14 kids, only 1 cried. It was dark in there, but each kid had their own flashlight. Travis brought them glow stick necklaces. So they loved it. After we went through the cave, we went to a park. Travis played tag with the kids. It was so cute to watch. He was so great with the kids. I think he might be better at my job than me. hahaha.

But life is wonderful. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome those fireworks are crazy! glad you had a good weekend can't wait to see you guys next month:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun 4th of July! Stadium of fire never fails. It is amazing! Brad Paisley is the best too.

    I enjoyed the finale;) I didnt get to see fireworks this year because Ansleigh had a temp of the 4th, but it is one of my favorite holidays!!

    ReplyDelete