Image Map

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hey! Harry Potter

Our friend, Brian, had extra tickets for the midnight premier of Harry Potter 7 Part 2. Travis and I always wanted to go to it, but never bought tickets because we're not night people anymore. We're always in bed by 10. So we figured it wasn't a good idea for us to go to it. But then Brian offered the tickets, and we took them! So after I spent a day at a waterpark with a bunch of kids for work (sad day, huh?), I came home and ate dinner, then headed straight to the theater. Chasing a bunch of kids around a waterpark can pretty much drain a person of their energy. So I was pretty tired. We got to the theater at around 6 and there was already a line wrapped around the building! Insanity. And tons of people were dressed up. I decided that midnight premiers are full of super obsessed people. Yup. Anyways, Brian was already waiting in line. He told us the theater said we could buy tickets to the movie showing before Harry Potter and watch that movie, then stay in the theater until Harry Potter started. It sounded great to us. The movie theater was showing pretty cool movies like Transformers and such. So we went up to the counter and found out that the movie in our theater was Monte Carlo (with Selena Gomez). hahahahaha. But we did it.
Our other buddy, Matt, showed up and we went into the theater and watched that movie. It was actually pretty decent. So it was only 9 pm when that movie ended. We still had 3 hours! So we hung out in the theater for the three hours. I was so stinkin tired.

There were people from a beauty school drawing "dark marks"-the tattoos the followers of Voldemort have. So we all got one.

The movie was pretty good. Travis loved it. But I think I was too tired to love it or hate it. I just sat through it. haha. But it was a fun adventure. Travis and I got home at around 3 in the morning. Then I woke up at 6:30 to get to work by 8:15. Crazy crazy crazy stuff. Twas a fun day.

1 comment:

  1. Too hardcore for me! You guys are awesome for doing that.

    Dave and I went to the 1230 PM showing...no rush and a bunch of older people..just like us..haha!

    Cant wait to see you too!!

    ReplyDelete