Image Map

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Livin the Life

Well I started the early morning custodial job. I've been doing it since Tuesday morning. It was really hard at first to wake up. The first morning, I got up and got ready with no problem. But the second morning, the alarm went off and I was immediately angry. haha. I got up saying, "I hate my life". But I was being a little dramatic. I'm pretty used to the hours now. The job is super easy. We clean the building from 4-7 every morning. I'm in the Spori building and Travis is next door in the Kirkham. It's really a simple job. We clean the classrooms, offices, and bathrooms;  take out the garbage; and vacuum. The Spori building is the art building. We clean up paint, charcoal, and other messy art rooms. There is this one office at the end of a hallway in the building I clean. It is full of sculptures, heads, and other statue things. I HATE cleaning in there. It's sooo spooky! It feels like every statue is watching me. Maybe I'm just weird, but that office gives me the heeby jeebys (however you spell that). Anyways, so that's work. It's making us some money.

Travis dropped his Physics class. His class schedule he had was seriously impossible. He tried to ride it out, but it was too killer. Biology, Chemistry, and Physics are all demanding classes. So he dropped Physics and he'll take it probably next semester. He added two online classes that are pretty simple.So that's a stress release for him, which is also a stress release for me. haha.

Oh! Travis and I went to Idaho Falls last night. We had some things to take back to Target and some things to pick up. We still had gift cards for there, so we've been waiting to get everything we need from there. Anyways, we got everything we needed (picture frames, pillows for our bed, pillows for our couch, a strainer, a plunger, dishes, etc.). The point is, we got a lot. So we were worried that we'd have to pay some of our own money along with the gift cards.. and that seemed lame. So we got to the cashier, she rang up all our stuff, then I gave her the three gift cards, not knowing how much was on them. As she rang up each gift card I watched the amount that we owed go down. And finally, after she rang up the three gift cards, she said, "Forty Cents". And I was soo shocked! We only had to pay forty cents for everything we got. Isn't that a good story? It should probably make your insides feel all warm and fuzzy. So our apartment is coming together. I think we may be done with decorating. So.... I'll post pictures today!! And maybe a video of it or something. So yup. Life is goooooood.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see a video of your place. Getting everything together is so much fun. I loved doing all of that doing. Oh and those statues would creep me out too.. Especially so early in the morning

    ReplyDelete