Image Map

Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a Wife..

So I know we've been married for almost a month now, but yesterday I finally felt like a wife. Travis was at school until around 8 pm. I got home around 5 and was doing stuff until I had to pick him up. I first started out by unloading the dishwasher, then started on 3 loads of laundry. Then I figured out what we were going to have for dinner. We were missing a few things, so I ran to the grocery store. Then I came back and made dinner. While dinner was cooking, I folded laundry and cleaned up a bit (wiping things down, making things more organized, etc.). Then, I left (with dinner still in the oven) to go pick up Travis. I was so worried the apartment would be burned down when we got back, but it wasn't. So we got home and ate dinner together. It probably doesn't sound like much, but it kept me busy. I loved it though. I loved the fulfillment I got from doing so many things and then Travis coming home and telling me how awesome I am. haha. I love it. We had chicken stuffing casserole for dinner. It was so yummy!

Travis told me, as we were driving home, that his meeting he just got out of had pizza. My heart dropped because I figured he'd eat a couple slices and my dinner was a waste of time. But then he told me he didn't eat any because he knew I was making dinner. That meant so much to me. I don't think he even knows how much that meant to me. It would be easy for him to have grabbed a slice or two, but he didn't. He's so thoughtful. He ate my dinner and told me how perfect it was, even though I could name countless things that weren't perfect about it.

So life is good. Travis is staying really busy with his classes. They are actually taking over his life. He's taking biology, chemistry, and physics. They're all pretty tough classes and he's working his tail off. He's always pretty tired, especially because he works the early morning custodial shift. So he's always sneakin in little naps here and there. I actually got a job today as an early morning custodial too. So now we can have schedules that are similar and we can go to bed super early. haha. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you guys get to work in the same area together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm in the building next door to him. That's pretty lucky though, because I could have gotten any building all across campus. They won't let us work together because if we're ever out of town, they're down 2 out of the 6 workers for that building. So they keep us apart. But we're close enough. haha.

    ReplyDelete