Image Map

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Vacation Series: Washington

After we visited Idaho, we made the drive to Washington. Hailey and I were in one car and my parents in another. I'm the WORST road trip driver ever. Poor Travis usually drives hours and hours, and when it comes to my turn, I last about an hour before I almost fall asleep at the wheel. So me driving the over 6 hour drive from Kimberly to Richland is a pretty good accomplishment. Sad, huh?

It felt good to be back in my home town. I'm glad I was able to stay in my childhood home one last time before my parents move into their new house in October.
The first thing I noticed walking into that house is my "little brother" is not so little. He towers over me and has a size 13 (sometimes 14) shoe. Whaaaat? 
Since my parents have a lot in storage because people are constantly walking through their house (since it's for sale), they don't have a highchair. We made due with what was at hand. haha. It worked all week!

Jacob was the only sibling home when Hailey and I visited. Hailey and Jake became great buddies and I loved watching them bond. Jake even made her a fort to play in.
Another relationship that I enjoyed watching flourish was that of Hailey and our dog, Lyla. Lyla is staying with my parents while we're in school, so it was fun having an opportunity for them to spend time together. We miss our Lyla Jane.



 Don't mind the nakedness in the next few.

 We had a great time in Richland. Hailey and I met up with some of my friends and their babies that were in town. Hailey and I went to the splash park with one of them. The toddlers had a blast. We had to peel them away because us moms were done. They could have played forever.
 The week wasn't too busy, but that's just what I like. I loved just chilling at home, spending time with family. We did go to Texas Roadhouse the night before I left. Hailey loved the music and pretty much danced the whole time. 

It's always great spending quality time with family, especially family that you don't see often. We missed Travis, but were grateful for the opportunity to spend some time in Idaho and Washington. Hailey loved getting to know everyone more. She's always been a little shy and she really broke out of her shell this trip. We had a great time. Now we're just counting down the days until our next vacation to see Travis' family.... in GERMANY! {19 days!}

No comments:

Post a Comment