Image Map

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Vacation Series: Idaho

Like an earlier post said, Hailey and I went to Idaho to see family. My brother, Cameron, and wife, McKenna, were graduating from BYU-Idaho. My mom was convinced the family needed to be together for it, so she flew us out there. And I'm so grateful she did! 
Congrats you guys! Best of luck on your new adventure! Hailey and I actually missed the ceremony since Hailey was sick (boohoo!), so I had to borrow this picture. (I hope that's okay McKenna.) Cameron and McKenna are seriously the most perfect couple ever and I'm excited for what the future has in store for them.

And did I mention what a great uncle Cameron is? Every single little one adores him. It's the cutest thing to watch. 



Hailey has (currently) three cousins on my side of the family. (Two more on the way.) The toddlers had SO MUCH fun playing together. That was like the highlight of my life so far. It was really the first time they were old enough to play so well together. Watching them interact with each other was the cutest thing everrrrr.
They all loved holding hands. I think they were trying to melt our hearts.
 


We had a lot of fun in Rexburg. We went to the park,





the sprayground (twice),




 the merry-go-round (twice),
 



and the pool at Grandma's hotel.


Isn't my sister incredibly gorgeous?

During this fun trip, our family was taken down by the stomach flu. We were planning on going to Utah for my grandma's birthday, but we decided to skip that to avoid infected more people. So we headed to Ashley's house in Kimberly, Idaho to be sick and recover together. 

Even though Dad was miles and miles away, he was still able to cheer up our sick girl.
 Somehow, between people being sick, we were able to squeeze in a few fun activities while we were in Kimberly.

We went to Shoshone Falls for a picnic lunch. It was beautiful!

 


That cheese face never gets old.




This picture kills me- Hailey holding Grandpa and Kael's hands.

And lastly, we played in the backyard. The toddlers splashed around in Abbi's pool and drew with chalk. 



We had a great time with family in Idaho. The cousins played so well together. And even though a lot of us got sick, we were still able to chat and enjoy being together. 

Hailey and I went on to Washington with my parents after visiting Idaho. More to come on our Washington vacation later. 

And shout out to my sister Ashley! She always has her camera handy and was able to capture a lot of these moments. Thank Ashley!

1 comment:

  1. Hailey is growing up fast! That is such a bummer there was sickness, but sounds like you made the best if it. Hooray for family time!!

    ReplyDelete